Professional Carpet Cleaning Services
The IICRC (Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification) as well as many carpet manufacturers recommend professional carpet cleaning every six to twelve months to extend the life of the carpet. In some cases, cleaning is required by manufacturers in order to maintain warranty coverage. The method of cleaning recommended by the majority of carpet manufacturers is Hot Water Extraction, sometimes known as “steam cleaning”. ServiceMaster Restoration by Carefree specializes in the hot water extraction method of carpet cleaning. Our highly trained and certified technicians and top-of-the-line, truck mounted equipment will leave your carpet looking like new.
The ServiceMaster Carpet Cleaning Process
- Preliminary inspection of carpet to determine the best products and cleaning method
- Pre-treatment of spots and stains
- Pre-applying ServiceMaster cleaning products to loosen and break down soil
- Rinsing carpet with clean, hot water (around 200º F) to further break down and loosen soil. The rinse water is immediately extracted by the truck-mount wand, along with the cleaning products, dirt, and debris
- Post-treating any residual stains
- Grooming carpet for uniform appearance and efficient drying
- Placing foam blocks under furniture legs to protect the carpet while drying
- Final inspection with customer to ensure 100% satisfaction
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you need to use my water or power?
No, our truck mount has a clean water reservoir that is filled with fresh water prior to every job, and the truck mount is powered by the vehicle.
Will the carpet be wet after cleaning?
The carpet won’t be excessively wet, but slightly damp for a few hours. Running a ceiling fan and/or HVAC can help reduce drying time.
Isn’t this the same as renting a Rug Doctor®?
No. The process is similar, but the carpet cleaning machines available for rent at grocery stores simply do not have the power to provide the water pressure and suction necessary to achieve a professional deep cleaning of carpet. These machines can potentially damage carpet by not being able to remove all the water from the carpet, leading to possible delamination and microbial growth.
Can you remove pet stains and odors?
It depends on the age, type, and saturation of the stain. Cat odor is very difficult to remove due to the chemical composition of cat urine. We have several products that can help to neutralize cat odors, although we may not be able to remove 100% of the smell. Dog urine is somewhat easier to remove. Our technicians are trained and experienced in removing all types of stains, and we will do our best to remove each stain as thoroughly as possible.
If you have questions, please feel free to call or send us a message!